On Mar 14, 2016 23:47, "Fæ" <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 March 2016 at 22:12, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:
> > On 16-03-14 05:01 PM, Vi to wrote:
> >> Ignoring a wide community
> >> consensus is *always* a mistake.
> >
> > It is.  I never advocated otherwise.
> >
> > That old RfC, however, does not show a wide community consensus, let
> > alone a consensus of the actually impacted community.
> >
> > -- Coren / Marc
>
> You could walk in the shoes of others, as Jimbo advocates, and you
> could create an RFC to show whether users prefer it, rather than
> putting the burden of proof onto a community that has already
> established what it wanted.

Marc just look at the German Wikipedia which recently voted for the switch
on of visual editor. It was community driven and caused no stir.

I really fail to understand that you guys always go down a confrontational
path instead of inventing a solution so all users have the option to
choose. Maybe a media tab or similar.

Rupert

Rupert