How do people feel about a few of the larger the Chapters funding pilots to
have professional researchers do https://tools.wmflabs.org/citationhunt/en
and a few other main languages?

It would be great to measure the quality of results of different payment
incentive models and rates, but this is not something that the Foundation
could do without some risk of breaching the DMCA safe harbor provisions, as
far as I can see. Even if I am technically wrong about that, the
appearances would be that it's obvious exertion of what would be positive
editorial control, which would still mean a greater likelihood of lawsuits
by disgruntled BLP and corporate subjects who can't win in court but can
waste everyone's money.

But I would rather have multiple measurements administered by different
parties anyway, because there are likely to be large uncontrollable sources
of noise.