The criteria are for those groups who want to apply for an official status
at WMF. In general I think all chapters should try to meet with these
criteria. If a chapter is not able to structurally full-fill these
criteria, a different board is the solution to revive the chapter.

I personally think the criteria are a balanced set of guidelines to be
followed.

It is important for the movement to share the experiences and the results.
Much more should be shared through best practices, how to's, reports and
newsletters, like https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter for
collaborations with various partner organisations.

Romaine