It is correct I have yet to attend a Wikimania conference, but was planning to after my positive experience presenting at WikiConference North America.

Please note the "Muslim" and "LGBT" are not mutually exclusive. Same with any other marginalized groups you might name.

FYI my preferred pronoun is "they" not "he".

To clarify what it is I actually asked, here is a copy of my original post:

Hello all. I had a positive experience at WikiConference North America last weekend, where I gave a talk on transgender issues and Wikipedia.[1] I'm posting because there's an active discussion in Wikipedia Weekly on Facebook about choosing a host country for Wikimania 2018.[2] I am concerned that some of the suggestions are not taking into account the safety of LGBT+ people; not just those attending the conference, but also those living in the host country.

As a queer trans atheist in a same-sex marriage, there are a number of places where I am considered a criminal for just existing or going about my daily routine. This applies to some parts of the U.S. as well, by the way; I won't be visiting North Carolina as long as it's illegal for me to use the men's restroom there. Please keep these considerations in mind when planning meetups and conferences. Thank you.

- Pax aka Funcrunch

[1] http://funcrunch.org/blog/2016/10/12/making-connections-at-wikiconference-north-america/

[2] https://www.facebook.com/groups/wikipediaweekly/permalink/1114259788621851/

- Pax