Wow ! Awesome !

Florence

Le 09/01/2017 à 20:48, Wes Moran a écrit :
Hello Wikimedia community,

It’s our delight to inform you that we received a US$3,015,000 grant from
the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_P._Sloan_Foundation> [1] to expedite
development of structured data on Commons. The grant will be given over the
course of three years, and will allow us to develop a team, in
collaboration with the Wikidata team at Wikimedia Deutschland, that can
focus on integrating the structured data features of Wikidata into
describing the media files on Commons.

This work will allow us to expedite features both on the Wikidata
development roadmap, and in other products supported by the Wikimedia
Foundation. The grant also provides funding to ensure that movement
stakeholders, like Wiki Loves Monuments and GLAM-Wiki program leaders, and
external partners who contribute heavily to Commons, such as GLAMs, can be
involved in the development.

We have drafted a high level overview of the grant and its scope, available
on Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Sloan_Grant>
[2]. A blog post about the grant is also available on the Wikimedia blog
<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/01/09/sloan-foundation-structured-data>
[3].

We are currently in the process of identifying the technical lead for the
project. If you have questions, Alex Stinson, the Foundation’s GLAM-Wiki
strategist, will be leading the community engagement and communications for
the project until we hire a community liaison as part of the grant. Stay
tuned for more details about the project in the coming months.

We’re excited to be able to support this project, and look forward to your
participation in its development.

Thank you,

Wes Moran and Maggie Dennis

*Wes Moran, Vice President of Product*
*Maggie Dennis, Interim Chief of Community Engagement *
*Wikimedia Foundation*

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_P._Sloan_Foundation
[2] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Sloan_Grant
[3] https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/01/09/sloan-foundation-structured-data