We have a publisher who have created a few hundred thousand books based on
Wikipedia text. Here is an example of one of many
https://books.google.ca/books?id=aQPMAwAAQBAJ&pg=PT100

They do not attribute Wikipedia and they do not release the content under a
CC BY SA 3.0 license. They claim copyright to the material themselves and
are selling it / misleading the people who by the books. I have reached out
to them and they refuse to comply with our license even after being asked.

Should we take legal action against them? IMO yes we should. While we
should ask people to follow our license before taking action, if they
refuse than we should follow through with enforcement.

James

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine