Hello Shani,

I lurk here, but don't really post. I am a regular poster at Wikipediocracy
where I saw a discussion of this thread. I'll make one specific comment and
one general comment.

When I read the RfC and I got to proposal #4, I thought that it might just
as well have been written specifically with Rogol in mind. And I am pretty
sure I was not the only person who thought so. Seeing this proposal, Rogol
would definitely have felt that a bulls-eye was painted on their back,
which might have contributed to the flare-up. My thoughts on the flare-up
itself are available at Wikipediocracy for those who want to look; I don't
wish to derail the thread here.

Now, I come to the broader issues. Obviously, this is a moderated list, and
the moderators have discretion. I would like to make two points. They are
not original or Earth-shaking, just relevant.

1. The Wikimedia "community", such as it exists, is very diverse: not only
in makeup, but also in viewpoints.
2. Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects have a lot of influence on the
world.

Therefore, one should err on the side of allowing more open discussion.
Nobody here is forced to read or respond to Rogol's posts. I am sure people
here know how to configure their email clients to filter messages.

Kingsindian
(User: Kingsindian on en.wp)