I agree the risks involved with having projects including language
wikipedias as recognised groups and represented by individuals will expose
both them and the WMF to legal obligations.   At the moment WMF is at arms
length to the contributing communities as are affiliates, that's an
important separation that needs to be maintained.

GN.
Noongarpedia: https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/nys/Main_Page