​
Hello David,

> I do not agree that there should be speakers of all languages in the
working groups. The language a person speaks says nothing about the ideas
they support. There are monolingual English speakers that appreciate the
value of having multilingualism play a prominent role in the movement, and
there might be also Portuguese speakers that do not respect the diversity
within their linguistic community or in the world. What is important is
that we have liaisons/ambassadors that connect with the broader movement,
because I doubt that the working group participants can do that alone.

​Indeed, asking for native Portuguese speakers on the groups is a bit
simplistic and not granted​, and I generally agree with you in theory.
However, when we are talking about the language with the highest number of
speakers in the South Hemisphere, ranking 5th/6th in the world, with the
native speakers almost entirely distributed through the "Global South", in
South America, Africa and the Far East, with only "emerging communities" or
no communities at all, I fail to understand why, among the dozens of people
chosen to be part of the Working Groups, there's not a single one that can
be identified as a representative of that community.

My feeling, when I see those lists, is that we have been excluded from the
WMF Strategy objectives for 2030.

All the best,

Paulo