On 7 August 2018 at 21:55, Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
<f...@yandex.com> wrote:

> This is a request for your input and possible ideas (if any) regarding my
> management of the fallout from Jimmy's announcing myself as a 2018
> Wikimedian of the Year.

Congratulations on your award!

> I would be grateful, if you can advise me on how to properly steer the
> enthusiasm of
> behalf of regional government, mass-media, NGOs, etc. which have just
> discovered
> about the possibility of participation in Wikimedia movement

There are plenty of possible answers; but to start with I suggest you
make contact with the people in the "Central Eastern European
Wikimedia Community" network:

   https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Central_and_Eastern_Europe

> & also engaging all Tatars globally (3/4 outside of Tatarstan, 1/5 outside of
> Russia).

For tips on working with a diaspora community, you might talk to
Susanna Mkrtchyan and her colleagues at Wikimedia Armenia.

As you're working in the Tatar language, the "Celtic Knot" conference,
for Wikipedias in smaller languages, may be of interest. You just
missed the 2018 event, but one is proposed for 2019.

Do post here again, if you have other, more specific, questions.

Good luck in your endeavours,

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing