Hi Farhad,

Thank you for your generosity with your time as you respond to the requests
and new opportunities.

I like Andy's suggestions. Wikimedia Armenia crossed my mind also as
potentially a good organization to contact for ideas, because I have the
impression that they have a good (but not excessively close) relationship
with their national government, and because they have a very successful
Wikipedia Education Program.

Although there seem to be many opportunities for you in the short term, my
guess is that you will be unable to take advantage of all of them, and that
some that you try will be more successful than others. That is all okay.

Please avoid burning yourself out. Hopefully you can work at a pace that is
reasonable for you and will lead to long-term successes. Also, hopefully
you can find people who want to help you, and have the time and the skills
to do so. You might try to contact people that you have met on-wiki who
could help you as you consider the opportunities and how you would like to
move forward. I have the impression that you already know many Wikimedians
who work on Russian Wikipedia, so hopefully you can get some help from them.

If you could share occasional updates about your progress, maybe by sending
an email to Wikimedia-l with once per quarter, I think that at least a few
people would be interested to read what you share.

Good luck,

Pine

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 8:55 PM, Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin <
f...@yandex.com> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> This is a request for your input and possible ideas (if any) regarding my
> management of the fallout from Jimmy's announcing myself as a 2018
> Wikimedian of the Year.
>
> Emails below are a copy of my ongoing consultations with Wikimedia
> Foundation staff and other Wikimedians I personally know, as well as a
> report on what's already brewing in my region of Russia after this
> unexpected outcome.
>
> I would be grateful, if you can advise me on how to properly steer the
> enthusiasm of behalf of regional government, mass-media, NGOs, etc. which
> have just discovered about the possibility of participation in Wikimedia
> movement (think anything from U.S. is not getting much in-depth coverage in
> Russian by sources that regional public figures, NGOs, teachers or general
> regional journalists read) & are now placing great hopes on teaching whole
> of Tatarstan about how to Wiki & also engaging all Tatars globally (3/4
> outside of Tatarstan, 1/5 outside of Russia).
>
> regards,
> farhad

  • [Wikimedia-l] fallout ... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
    • Re: [Wikimedia-l]... Andy Mabbett
    • Re: [Wikimedia-l]... Pine W
      • Re: [Wikimedi... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
        • [Wikimedi... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
        • Re: [Wiki... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
          • Re: [... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
            • ... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin
              • ... Pine W
                • ... Фархад Фаткуллин / Farkhad Fatkullin