Anyway, getting back to the more abstract case.

I do not agree with total transparency to the "outside world" on
communications between AffCom and the affiliate. As Lodewijk mentioned, and
we felt on our skins over here, sometimes (most of the time?) it does more
harm than good, at least in an initial phase of the process.

I also do not believe that raising the spectre of "de-recognition" before a
vast audience, especially one directly connected to the chapter -
especially before any communication has been attempted to the people in
charge of the chapter - is helpful at all. If anything, it is highly
counterproductive, sowing confusion and scaring partners and stakeholders
away, creating a whole new problem the affiliate has to deal with, and
actively contributing to the situation deterioration. I believe it should
only be done as a last resource, when the chapter has been irresponsive and
the situation has been deteriorating significantly.

In a first moment, and if it is working, silent backchannels and backstage
acting should be the way to go. However, I don't believe the AffCom has any
legitimacy to impose a vote of silence on an affiliate about his own
situation, especially when misinformation and rumours about it are
circulating around wildly.

I absolutely agree this is not a simple issue, and we cannot expect the
AffCom, who are a group of volunteers as many of us are, to know the
answers to all of them, and to act perfectly. That's why a more public and
broader discussion among the Movement is needed about this.

Paulo

Paulo Santos Perneta <paulospern...@gmail.com> escreveu no dia quinta,
20/09/2018 à(s) 00:56: