Hi Yaroslav,   I find your concern important so let me attempt to refine it to
discussion points or a call for action. :)   Firstly, I think it is unwise to
assume what "everyone is interested in". You don't know personally
all the people in the Movement, e.g. me and my interests. If you meant some
particular people or body, please voice it clearly and we can go from that
point.     Secondly, there were signs showing people interested in your input:
  1. while creating and filling a "diversity matrix" to check if we
cover all the stakeholders, the non-representatives of affiliates, WMF or other
bodies (FDC, sAPG, AffCom) this issue has been raised - certainly for the funds
allocation group. I am not sure of the final outcome in terms of e.g. inclusion
of particular names within the group (it is a pretty tricky to give some
representativeness without overblowing the groups) but I am sure the strategy
team has been working on this issue and can communicate something. :)  2. There
are many ways to reaching out to the wider audiences: including surveys, online
discussions, show and tell sessions (e.g. IIRC on Wikimania *all* strategic
sessions, except the organizational/briefing for the groups, were fully open
for all conference participants) and sessions dedicated to particular
communities. E.g. in my home Poland there were strategy sessions for willing
attendees of WMPL conferences, some languages also had dedicated online
discussion venues, and everyone could contribute in English.   Thus, let's
give the credit where it is due. I am not discussing here if this interest was
sufficient. And I am pretty sure that if needed we can explore this direction
further (e.g. put more resources to discuss the strategy in particular
national/regional communities and send it upstream) and many people don't
participate even though they have very meaningful things to say.  Perhaps what
you wanted to write is e.g. "Please provide X seats in the [ Group 4:
Additional participants – mostly members of the Movement Strategy working
groups – invited to complement the conference program] for non-affiliated
Wikimedians based on their editorship in Wikimedia projects and trust of their
local communities". Did I understand you properly?    Best Regards,
Michał Buczyński  Wikimedia Polska, FDC,   Resource Allocation Working Group
Dnia 27 września 2018 13:21 Yaroslav Blanter <ymb...@gmail.com>
napisał(a):  This is very remarkable that nobody is actually interested in
input from  what the WMF functionaries now call "unorganized
volunteers" - people who  actually work in the projects. We are just not in
the picture. Good luck  with that. Do not be surprised to see a huge number of
volunteers to oppose  the strategy document again, as it happened last year.
Cheers  Yaroslav   On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:54 PM Nicole Ebber
<nicole.eb...@wikimedia.de>  wrote:   Hi Chris,   I can comment on your
question why we need another strategy conference: The  Wikimedia 2030 process
is ongoing, and is building – among many other  inputs – upon the outcomes of
the last two conferences. Organized groups  are already working on the
implementation of the Strategic Direction in  their own strategic/annual
planning and programmatic work, and Working  Groups start developing
recommendations for change on the structural level  of the movement.   In
spring 2019, these groups will need feedback and input from the  movement's
organized groups and the Wikimedia Summit – alongside other  opportunities for
community consultations – will be build as a platform to  synchronize the
Working Groups' work and to gather and synthesize this  input and agree
upon next steps.   I hope this helps to shed some light on the need for this
event. Please let  me know if you have further questions. We'll also be
presenting the current  state of the strategy process at today's activities
meeting; if you're  interested in tuning in:  meta.wikimedia.org
meta.wikimedia.org   All the best  Nicole        On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 at 22:18,
Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com>  wrote:   > I have so many
questions.  >  > Is anything concrete planned to replace the learning and
 capacity-building  > work that used to happen at WMCON? (Or has the
identification of capacity  > building as a strategic priority just resulted
in .... the abandonment of  > the main capacity building event?)  >  >
And why after two "strategy focused" conferences, do we need another
one?  > What will it achieve except acres more flipchart? How many
conferences do  > we expect to need before the strategic direction starts to
become a  > reality?  >  > Chris  >  > On Tue, 25 Sep 2018,
20:34 Cornelius Kibelka, <  > cornelius.kibe...@wikimedia.de wrote:  >
 > > Dear all,  > >  > > As Nicole Ebber already wrote a
couple of weeks ago, we would like to  > give  > > you some further
information about the next Wikimedia Conference, that  > will  > >
take place from March 29–31, 2019 in Berlin, Germany.  > >  > > The
next conference will focus on the Movement Strategy process and  > >
movement governance for the organized part of the movement in general.  >
The  > > program will be designed according to the status and needs of
the  ongoing  > > Movement Strategy process and its working groups. We
are hoping to see  a  > > diverse group of participants next year, and
look forward to creating  > three  > > days of working, discussing,
and thinking together. The event is made  > > possible through the
generous financial support of the Wikimedia  > > Foundation.  > >
> > Thus, to make it clearer that learning and capacity-building will not
 be  > > part of the program and cut laces to the previous conference, we
will  > > change the name to “Wikimedia Summit” (#wmsummit).  > >
> > The change of the purpose of the event is accompanied by a change in
the  > > composition of the audience. The event will be a more focused
one, and  > > therefore we aim to scale down the audience to around 200
participants.  > As  > > it is this still the Wikimedia affiliates
conference, every _eligible_  > > affiliate can send one (1) delegate.
Furthermore, we will invite  > > participants from the Wikimedia
Affiliate EDs (~10), WMF Board of  > Trustees  > > (10), WMF staff
(~10), the committees (~15 from FDC, AffCom and Simple  > APG)  > >
and additional members of the Movement Strategy working groups, that do  >
not  > > come in another role (~20). You can find more information
regarding  this  > on  > > Meta.[1]  > >  > > Registration
for the Wikimedia Summit will open on November 2 and end  on  > >
December 17, 2018. We urge participants that need a visa to register no  >
> later than November 19, so we can support them as best as possible to
> get a  > > visa for the event.  > >  > > We will keep
you updated in the further weeks and months via the usual  > >
communication channels. If you have any questions, please do not  hesitate
> > to contact us, preferably via wmsum...@wikimedia.de.  > >  >
> Best regards,  > >  > > Daniela Gentner & Cornelius
Kibelka  > >  > > [1]  > >  >  meta.wikimedia.org
meta.wikimedia.org  > >  > > --  > > Cornelius Kibelka  >
> Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)  > > for the Wikimedia
Conference  > >  > > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer
23-24 | 10963 Berlin  > > Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0  > >
wikimedia.de wikimedia.de  > >  > > Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor,
in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen  > > Wissens frei teilhaben kann.
Helfen Sie uns dabei!  > >  spenden.wikimedia.de spenden.wikimedia.de
> >  > > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien
Wissens e. V.  > > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg  > unter  > > der Nummer 23855 B. Als
gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für  > > Körperschaften I
Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207  > > ______________________________
> > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:  > >
meta.wikimedia.org meta.wikimedia.org  and  > >  meta.wikimedia.org
meta.wikimedia.org  > > New messages to:   wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.or
<mailto:wikimedia-l-request@li  > ______________________________  >
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:  >  meta.wikimedia.org
meta.wikimedia.org  and  >  meta.wikimedia.org meta.wikimedia.org  > New
messages to:   wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.or  > Unsubscribe:
lists.wikimedia.org lists.wikimedia.org  > <mailto:wikimedia-l-request@li
    --  Nicole Ebber  Adviser International Relations  Program Manager
Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy  Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer
23-24 | 10963 Berlin  wikimedia.de wikimedia.de   Wikimedia Deutschland -