Dear Pine,

I beg to differ on two points:
As the Wikimedia Foundation is an essential part of this event, I don't
consider "Wikimedia Affiliates Summit" as more accurate. This event covers,
as mentioned before, the "organized (or "structured") part of the Wikimedia
movement". As 'Wikimedia Summit' has not been used before in the Wikimedia
movement (only for the 'Developers Summit'), I think this name is fresh,
unused, short and easy to understand.

While I have asked for feedback on the concept extensively via different
channels and opportunities, I think, it's not a wise decision to ask for
public comment for a renaming. I consider the name of a conference as one
of less relevant parts of organizing a conference. I would encourage to
give feedback on more relevant issues than the name of an event.

Best regards
Cornelius