Hello,

There was once a report in which I read: Wikimedia Commons should allow NC
and ND content because that is somehow good for "communities that are
historically prohibited from telling their stories".
Then I asked on the talk page for the reasoning behind this
demand/postulation.
The answer I got was not very substantial.
I am very open to discuss the pros and cons of e.g. opening Wikimedia
Commons to NC or ND. But sorry, I find it very difficult to have a
meaningful conversation on this basis.

Kind regards
Ziko

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Reports/March-April_Community_Conversations_Monthly_Report