Thanks for the update, Nicole.

As I have been reading portions of the recommendations, I am finding it
helpful to remind myself that these proposals are drafts, and to assume
good faith when reading them. I have a variety of thoughts regarding
proposals, including "I completely agree", "This is less ambitious than I
think it should be", "That is impractical", "That is an interesting idea
that we should consider in more detail", "I agree that there is problem X
but this proposal would lead to more harm than good".

I suggest that the strategy team and working groups develop these drafts
into thoughtful and deep documents with extensive supporting references
where possible, so that we can have a more informed discussion about the
merits of the ideas. I would like to encourage working group members to
keep their minds open to the possibility that proposals may be good to
modify, enhance, diminish, or withdraw based on the additional research and
their discussions with the broader community. Collegial and thoughtful
discussions will probably be fruitful in the long term.

Pine