Hi Bence,

I think that this recommendation is ambigous. There is a specific sentence:

"We need to pay or otherwise compensate people to participate"

which can be opened to any interpretation.

I think that this recommendation is quite complicated to be accepted by the community because it associates the diversity to the privileges and would justify the paid activities on this basis. Wikimedia projects and Wikimedia structure has been based always on volunteering time, as soon it will be open to paid activities, the sense of participation will be distorted.

Basically, if we would explain to the man of street, why the community should continue to contribute on volunteering basis if some activities are paid? The reason that there are unprivileged members is weak in my opinion.

This is a distortion itself.