On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:49 AM Samuel Klein <meta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Phase V confirmed! -- I hope this means related features (a calendar +
> forum :) are getting included in mediawiki propre...
>
> 🌍🌏🌎🌑

Indeed, it has been a mistake to keep spinning off new discussion
platforms, in the hope that the next one will be different and controllable
and totally replace everything else. This has been an anti-pattern for a
decade. Far better to make a real investment (including both a social and a
technical investment) in the actual community platforms based on MediaWiki,
where many of the ideas that were developed for Space could be rather more
fruitfully applied, and the existing eforts by good people not be put to
waste.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)