Thankyou Pharos for expressing the issue so clearly.

In the last 2 days, purely as part of our Wikimedia projects, I have felt
/obliged/ to contribute to discussions on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, Zoom
and IRC (and at least 2 other platforms in a passive way). All of these
discussion spaces are used by our community to talk about our Wikimedia
community issues or to work together in parallel to the normal and more
permanent on-wiki talk pages of Wikipedia, Commons, Meta... Honestly, I do
not see the point of spinning off a fringe Wikimedia alternate that in
practice cannot be expected to match the well tested and well-understood
capabilities of the mainstream applications.

Fae