On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 12:26 PM Jan-Bart de Vreede <jan-b...@wikimedia.nl>
wrote:

>  Hi Gnangarra
>
> I find your request for Nat to resign uncalled for…. and not in the least
> because of the common misconception you have with regards to the role of
> Board members of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Resigning is precisely what "taking full responsibility" entails here. So
then what does "taking full responsibility" mean if nothing is to change?

As for the community board seats, the board has arbitrarily changed both
term lengths and moved elections forward, again with no input from the
community. It's going to be *years* after the Fram incident until the
community gets to have any referendum on the actions, inactions, or
conflicts-of-interest among community-elected board members.

And people are absolutely entitled to call for the resignation of members
of the board that aren't community elected. That they're not directly
elected by the community does not cloister them from criticism by the
community. Are people under 18 or non-Americans not allowed to criticize
the president of the United States?