Hi,

Few weeks ago, I had a similar idea.

I had thought at a tool like a tumblr with one picture for one day. The
illustration who is published must have to a link with the date. Some
examples :
* 1st august a paint of Rütlischwur
* 18th februar, a photo has been taken the 18th februar

In all the cases, we explain - with some words - the subject of the
illustration.

I just didn't find the time to look if we have enough illustrations on
Commons for this concept ''one date, one photography''.

Ludovic