Heya,
Personally, I feel that the work done by the Chapter and IP need to
segregated, solely for the purpose of accountability.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Shiju Alex <shijualexonl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I am replying to this mail as a *Malayalam wikimedia community member*.
>>

>> Fact:  Subhashish, *former volunteer*, and now paid consultant with
>>> India Programs.
>>>

>> What do you mean by this? I Shiju Alex is a Indic language wikipedian now
>> close to 6 years. According to Mr. Anirudh (an EC member of India chapter)
>> I am a former volunteer. is this is the official position of wikimedia
>> India chapter? As a community member I require an explanation for this.
>>

> Shiju, you and Subhashish have been volunteers but now you are paid
> contractors hired by the Foundation.  Any work you do within the purview of
> your contractual relationship with the Foundation will be work as a paid
> contractor and cannot be deemed to be the same as a volunteer. You can
> continue being volunteers once your contractual assignment is complete.  Is
> that so difficult to understand?
>
> The difference is this: I am an unpaid volunteer who cannot expend the
> same amount of time and energy towards our projects as you are currently
> able to.

Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on February 12th.
Aliens invaded Tamil Nadu, left their Spacship and now it is a Toll Plaza.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IVRCL-Vijayamangalam-Toll-Plaza.JPG