On 09-Feb-2013, at 1:37 AM, Abhishek Suryawanshi wrote:

> I guess it is possible to extend membership criteria for foreign nationals as
> well youngsters below 18 years. I know NGO's from Bangalore which accept
> memberships from foreign delegates.
Is there anything special associated with it? I was a wikipedian first and then
became a chapter member, could not renew my membership and renewed membership
recently and still a wikipedian. Chapter is to support the communities and not
to create members. I'd like to ask what are the benefits for a foreign national
to be part of Wikimedia India (which is a country specific chapter) where
he/she can be a member of his/her own country?