I don't think that contacting him via Twitter would be the most effective
way - you can imagine how many DM and @ he gets per minute at over 1 million
followers ;) How was the agent contacted, E-Mail? I often find the the
traditional telephone call can often work wonders.

Ian
[[User:Poeloq]]

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/1/2 Brian McNeil <brian.mcn...@wikinewsie.org>:
> > I contacted Stephen Fry's agent but got no response. It may have been
> > bad timing given the holidays, perhaps someone else could try and see if
> > that can be arranged after the fact.
>
> I contacted his agent once to see if he would be interested in getting
> involved with our bid for Wikimania 2010 and also got no response. If
> he hadn't just announced that he's going incommunicado until April to
> work on his autobiography, I would have suggested contacting him via
> Twitter. He won't do any recordings until he's finished the book,
> though.

Ian A Holton

"What the liberal must ask,
first of all, is not how fast or how far
we should move,
but where we should move."
-F.A von Hayek