Guys

As a Board member I personally believe we should be attempting to promote
our Schools Project here and that should sit at the heart of any release.
Feel free to wrap any or all your very valid points below inside and around
the idea/goal of the project, should you agree with me.

To refresh: the Board has been looking for opportunities to 'work with
teachers' or 'trainers' or 'academics' to help them see the advantages of
Wikipedia in terms of use with students. This could be in terms of
collaborative research projects that can put these skills into practice. In
could be in terms of helping teachers or trainers build additional skills in
the groups they train. The bigger objective is to lead to new volunteers for
Wikpedia and new content.

This is the real 'prize' here.  I am working on something along these lines
in Bristol with the Bristol Old Vic Theatre ready to work closely with
schools and colleges in the area and probably up for handing over lots of
content (when copyright free licences can be sorted out correctly). I am
also working on trying to get into some local schools to get the Schools
project outlined above rolling - I have one school very interested and hope
to have a date for a session in the not too distant future.

So my point is... don't bury this message in this more peripheral point -
link it back to what I describe below. There is more substance to a press
statement if we are not only making a statement about something but ALSO
trying to actively do something about it as well.  We must not simply sound
off on issues 'as and when' they pop up as we would not have people
listening to us when it really counts and we need the press to publish it.

Happy to help 'team up' with anyone and everyone in drafting anything - just
mail me

Best to al

Steve