Steve Virgin wrote:

> As a Board member I personally believe we should be attempting to
> promote our Schools Project here and that should sit at the heart of
> any release. Feel free to wrap any or all your very valid points below
> inside and around the idea/goal of the project, should you agree with me.
>
> To refresh: the Board has been looking for opportunities to 'work with
> teachers' or 'trainers' or 'academics' to help them see the advantages
> of Wikipedia in terms of use with students. This could be in terms of
> collaborative research projects that can put these skills into
> practice. In could be in terms of helping teachers or trainers build
> additional skills in the groups they train. The bigger objective is to
> lead to new volunteers for Wikpedia and new content.
I suggested writing a concise guide for teachers and posting it on the
WMUK site for two reasons, firstly because the point had been raised on
this list in December, and secondly because I know how to get that
written, having done a book chapter on this in 2007. If there is a need
to integrate with other work, by all means put forward a way to fit it
all together. I'm sure it is right to 'migrate' the message from a
rebuttal of what journalists have to say, to our own ground. I see no
inconsistency here, in fact, just a discussion of ways and means.

Charles