It was always going to be difficult for a UK bid to beat the Far East for
2013, however in 2014 Wikimania logically should come back to Europe and a
UK bid will have a much better chance.

I put a slot into the AGM agenda for it
http://uk.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=WikiConference_UK_2012&diff=19558&oldid=19557as
it was bound to be something we'd want to discuss. But it seems that
bit
has been dropped from the agenda.

WSC