On 18 June 2012 20:46, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 June 2012 20:38, Thomas Morton <morton.tho...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Finding make work is inefficient.
>
> I'm not talking about finding make work. I'm talking about real,
> productive work that you hadn't thought of before but that inevitably
> comes up as soon as you have scope to do it.

Which is certainly what happened as soon as WMUK hired me.

But Tom M. hit the nail on the head: don't go the dogsbody route. I.e.
if anyone argues as Tom D. does, which strikes me as reasonable, don't
define the job in such a way as to offer zero career development. Make
it a real job, from the start. Make it so the growth of the work
actually looks like an opportunity for the hire to grow also.

Rest my case.

Charles