Chad wrote:
> Reading a bit more into that, I'm not convinced it's practical. Almost all
> of the
> information I'm reading has been negative, just to quote a few:

I'd say it's a feature not easy to get running.

> [1]http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=13607
Obviously, it doesn't work on fastCGI.

> [2]http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9323
It reports to be fixed

> [3]http://docs.php.net/manual/en/apc.configuration.php
Tricky to realise, but it's obvious it has to be like that. If you add
the hidden field after the file, you won't get it until the file loading
is complete.

The problem to use it on WMF server is that each subsequent request for
the upload status would need to go to the same server handling the upload.

http://pecl.php.net/package/uploadprogress seems a better option, but
should be rewritten to use memcached instead of a nfs folder.