techman224 schrieb:
> It could work. I'm no PHP expert through.
>
> On 21-Nov-08, at 8:10 PM, Michael Dale wrote:
>
> I believe php 5.2 with some minor configuration supports upload
> status:
>
> http://www.haughin.com/2007/10/23/php-upload-progress-with-php-52-apc/
>
> --michael

Uh... that sounds like an elaborate, ugly and unreliable hack. And that is all
it really can be. Keep in mind: PHP does not perform uploading at all. It does
not run in the browser, so it can't upload anything. It's the browser itself
that does this, based on what the HTML tells it to do, and using basic features
of HTTP.  Browsers *could* easily show a progress indicator for file uploads --
but for some reason, they don't.

Anyway, HTTP doesn't support feedback during upload (or any feedback, really),
and HTML does not offer a way for multi-file uploads (which would also be quite
handy). Any solutions I have so far seen for that are based either on a Java
Applet or on Falsh. Both are rather cluncky and and ugly solutions. HTTP and
HTML being what they are, I'm afraid we won't see a decent free, reliably and
widely compatible solution for this any time soon.

Or maybe HTML5 has something for this?

-- daniel