Daniel Kinzler wrote:
> Platonides schrieb:
  > MWDumper doesn't fill the secondary link tables. Please see
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps for detailed
> instructions and considerations.
>
> Also keep in mind that the english wikipedia is *huge*. You will need a decent
> database server to be able to process it. I wouldn't even try on a
> desktop/laptop.
>
> -- daniel

Thanks Daniel. I have tried MWDumper and the results seem different from
importDump.php i.e. the Formatting is messed up. In tracking down what I
might be doing wrong - I would prefer to do this using the native method.

Secondly, my question here is regarding PHP – not about the Database. I
don’t see how a memory leak in PHP can be caused by the Database.

Has anyone had practical experience with importDump.php? Did you face
any memory issues?

Thanks
  O. O.