Daniel Kinzler wrote:
> O. O. schrieb:
>>
>>      I thought that the pages-articles.xml.bz2 (i.e. the XML Dump) contains
>> the templates – but I did not find a way to do install it separately.
>
> They should be contained. As it sais on the download page: "Articles,
> templates,
> image descriptions, and primary meta-pages."

Thanks Daniel. I know that the templates are contained in
pages-articles.xml.bz2. However as you said that Mwdumper may not be
importing the templates, my question was how to do import it then?

>> Another thing I noticed (with the Portuguese Wiki which is a much
>> smaller dump than the English Wiki) is that the number of pages imported
>> by importDump.php and MWDumper differ i.e. importDump.php had much more
>> pages than MWDumper. That is way I would have preferred to do this using
>>   importDump.php.
>
> The number of pages should be the same. soudns to me that the import with
> mwdumper was simply incomplete. Any error messages?

Actually was intending to start a separate thread on this topic –
because both Mwdumper and importDump.php both report that they are
Skipping certain pages. I did not note down the error that I received
from Mwdumper – but the errors from importDump.php look like what is below.

Skipping interwiki page title '<Page_Title>'

Anyway both have the word “Skipping …” as part of their error. I do not
have the actual figures – but I noticed that importDump.php seemed to
have more pages than Mwdumper. (I unfortunately did not save the output
– so I cannot compare how many times I got these errors.)

>> Also in a previous post, you mentioned about taking care about the
>> “secondary link tables”. How do I do that? Does “secondary links” refer
>> to language links, external links, template links, image links, category
>> links, page links or something else?
>
> THis is exactly it. YOu can rebuild them using the rebuildAll.php maintenance
> script (or was it refreshAll? something like that). But that takes *very* long
> to run, and might result in the same memory problem you experienced before.

Yes, the script is called rebuildall.php and mentioned in
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps#Using_mwdumper
– As you mentioned I was expecting memory problems with this too since
importDump.php is already having memory issues.

> The alternative is to download dumps of these tables and improt them into
> mysql
> directly. They are available from the download site.
>
> -- daniel

I would try to import the Tables tomorrow to see what I get.

Thanks again,

O. O.