Tim Starling wrote:
> Robert Rohde wrote:
>> For Andrew or anyone else that knows, can we assume that the filter is
>> smart enough that if the first part of an AND clause fails then the
>> other parts don't run (or similarly if the first part of an OR
>> succeeds)?  If so, we can probably optimize rules by doing easy checks
>> first before complex ones.
>
> No, everything will be evaluated.
>
> Note that the problem with rule 48 was that added_links triggers a
> complete parse of the pre-edit page text. It could be replaced by a
> check against the externallinks table. No amount of clever shortcut
> evaluation would have made it fast.
>
> -- Tim Starling

With branch optimization, placing the check !("autoconfirmed" in
USER_GROUPS) and namespace at the beginning would avoid checking the
added_links at all (and thus the parse).

Another option could be to automatically optimize based on the cost of
each rule.

PS: Why there isn't a link to Special:AbuseFilter/history/$id on the
filter view?