On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Andrew Garrett <and...@epstone.net> wrote:
<snip>

> To help a bit more with performance, I've also added a profiler within
> the interface itself. Hopefully this will encourage self-policing with
> regard to filter performance.

Based on personal observations, the self-profiling is quite noisy.
Sometimes a filter will report one value (say 5 ms) only to come back
5 minutes later and see the same filter report a value 20 times
larger, and a few minutes after that it jumps back down.

Assuming that this behavior is a result of variations in the filter
workload (and not some sort of profiling bug), it would be useful if
you could increase the profiling window to better average over those
fluctuations.  Right now it is hard to tell which rules are slow or
not because the numbers aren't very stable.

-Robert Rohde