El 5/11/09 5:04 PM, Ariel T. Glenn escribió:
> Στις 11-05-2009, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 16:15 -0700, ο/η Brion Vibber
>> Since download time is a concern, we'd generally be looking for smaller
>> font sets, such as one that covers specifically the language of an
>> individual wiki, rather than high-coverage fonts like that or Code 2000.
>>
>> (eg a Tamil font for ta.wikipedia.org, a Canadian Aboriginal Syllabary
>> font for iu.wikipedia.org, etc)
>>
>> -- brion
>
> Except for the Wiktionaries, given that they will include lemmas from
> (eventually) all languages.  For an indication of the size of the
> problem even now, folks might look at the entry for
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dictionary ...

Hmmmm, well forcing a large automated font download on every reader's
first visit probably isn't ideal. :) Short of crafting embedded type
subsets for each page using just the required characters I'm not sure
there's a good way to treat that case other than offering extra fonts
for download.

-- brion