2009/7/8 Aryeh Gregor <simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com>:

> But I think it's misleading to act as though Safari isn't
> a good option, when it's the default system browser and probably works
> better in various other ways than Mac Firefox (I've definitely heard
> that this was the case before Firefox 3.0).

Uh, it's not a good option for Wikimedia video.

And, more importantly, it's not a good option for Wikimedia video
because Apple has *deliberately chosen to make it not a good option*.

They seriously think everyone should just use H.264. They are not
operating on the same planet as us.

For Safari users, we need to (a) point out other options (b) point out
that Safari isn't a good option because Apple has *deliberately*
chosen to make it a bad one.

- d.