I bring this old issue up because I want to know if (or if not) progress (or
plans) are made to update the static HTML version of Wikipedia.
B&H photos just leaked the next generation of Archos portable media players.
Unbelievably, the rumors of a 500GB version is true! This is already
tempting (especially the price at $420). Just waiting for specs on September
15, the Archos event. I really hope it will support NTFS so I can use the
compression feature.

It would be really cool and convenient to have an offline copy of Wikipedia
anywhere I go without the need of Wi-Fi. What am I gonna do with 500GB?

BTW, does anyone know what is the size of the current static HTML English
Wikipedia version uncompressed? Thanks.