* Nikola Smolenski <smole...@eunet.rs> [Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:44:28
+0200]:
> Having said that, I don't see why would XML be necessary. Table and
> template markup are well structured and could be used by any editor
just
> as XML would. Additionally, it is easier to observe diffs with wiki
> markup.

So it would be menu and icon-driven editing, where the hands should move
from keyboard to mouse and vice versa, like MS Word. Not very handy for
programmers and people who prefer to do most of tasks in command line.
But, the majority probably wants the WYSIWYG. It;s just with wikitext
you may have both source text and WYSIWYG, with XML source text becomes
a real pain..
Dmitriy