David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/9/24 Aryeh Gregor <simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:48 AM, dgerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> WYSIWYG editing is
>>> getting there bit by bit - FCKeditor would be fine on a fresh wiki
>>> without the unspeakable atrocities inventive geeks have perpetrated
>>> upon wikitext on en:wp and should continue to get better at dealing
>>> with more obtusities.
>>>

>> Funnily enough, I just talked to a user in #mediawiki asking why
>> FCKeditor didn't work right on his wiki when copy-pasting from MS
>> Word.
>>

> *facepalm* And then there's the obvious things users will do that I
> hadn't thought of, yes.
>

> - d.

I had a user who copied an article from the html of Wikipedia (no edit
button) into Wikia's RTE.

The real disturbing part is unlike when people copy Wikipedia's html
into the edit box where it results in tell tale ?'s (Anime related
articles, 99.99% of articles copied in my case will be using the nihongo
template) and various other patterns, something copied html to rte looks
almost perfectly fine when looking at it, up till you hit the edit
button and see the mangled source.

T_T RTE makes it easier for inexperienced people to do stupid things.