* Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> [Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:13:51 +1000]:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Dmitriy Sintsov <ques...@rambler.ru>
> wrote:
> > What's complex in '''bold''' and ==headings== ? Here when we've
>
> It *looks* complex. That's pretty much most of the problem. Here's our
> desired use case:

You haven't convinced me. I am not the most bright person in the world
(my coding skills aren't top - I am more of humanitarian brain person
actually) but it was really easy to me to understand basics of wikitext.
Just in few minutes. Also, such repeated single markup characters are
faster to type than choosing formatting with GUI. I like wikitext.

Anyway, the displays have a large resolution nowadays. What about
splitting edit page in two areas? One for entering wikitext with syntax
highlighting and another one - an AJAX generated on-the-fly preview how
would it looks like after the save. Such way, the learning curve would
be much lower.

But I probably will stop arguing, because my opinion is hardly
representative.
Dmitriy