Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> Why do we hide Special:UnwatchedPages from regular users?  Unwatched
> pages are something that people should know about so they can be sure
> to watch them.  If no one is actively watching a page, it's more
> likely that vandalism will stick around.  Yes, vandals and trolls
> could abuse the info, but they could abuse all sorts of other features
> too, and that's not a reason to deny them to legitimate users.  If
> there is any such threat, then that will just encourage legitimate
> users to watch the pages, thereby removing them from the list.

If the admin wants to allow it, he can enable it or publish a list of
pages to watch on the Vilalge Pump.
Suppose you open it. Who is more likely to start using it? People with
too few watched pages or vandals?
I would expect it to be the entry point the next time Fooers angry for
having deleted the article about Foo decide "to take revenge".
On the contrary, I don't foresee getting loads of goodwill users to
watch those pages (unless it's slashdotted in a "how to vandal").

Chad wrote:
> I would expect that if we changed this in core, WMF would set a default
> on their end setting it to sysop-only, as it is now. The projects should
> not see a change in config like that against their wishes, we agree on
> that point

If you make a change on default configuration that forces users to
manually set it back to the previous one, you shouldn't have changed it.