Hi,

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Eric Sun <e...@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> I'm using MediaWiki 1.15.1 and I imported the dump using xml2sql.
> Most enwiki pages render correctly, but a bunch of pages (e.g.
> Jennifer_Garner) show spurious </span> tags (inspecting the page
> source show a bunch of &lt;/span&gt;).

Are you using $wgUseTidy? It is an HTML cleanup process that is always
enabled on WMF projects. Since it it is there, template creators often
miss closing spans and other things, or leave in extra close tags, and
never notice because the tidy fixes them. Would not surprise me a bit
if dozens of en.wp templates have such errors; I find them
occasionally on en.wikt.

Robert