On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com<simetrical%2bwikil...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Marco Schuster
> <ma...@harddisk.is-a-geek.org> wrote:
> > What about turning wgUseTidy off for some time? Maybe some night hours...
> so
> > that our template magicians are forced to clean up the templates and the
> > other crap which resides deep buried into the wikitext.
>
> They would just complain until we turned it back on.  Unless we left
> it off for good, which might be reasonable, but then we'd have to
> improve Sanitizer, I guess.  (Maybe once html5lib is more usable.)

Why? Why must software take care of the crap that users do? Either we force
them to write proper code, or they never will. It's like with PHP, with the
difference that we still have the option to make our templatewriters and
coders learn, instead of having to support stone-age stuff with crappy
workarounds.
Every single extra step that has to be taken to get a WP fork up and running
is one step too much.

Marco
--
VMSoft GbR