On 03/10/2010 09:28 AM, K. Peachey wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Michael Dale <md...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> Should we define some sort of convention for extensions to develop
>> selenium tests? i.e perhaps some of the tests should live in a testing
>> folder of each extension or in /trunk/testing/extensionName ? So that
>> its easier to modularize the testing suite?
>>
>> --michael
> Perhaps "/testing/extensions/<name>/" since not all extensions will
> ever have tests so it would make it easier and cleaner to sort the
> directory.
>
> -Peachey

This should work the same way as extension parser-tests, with the tests
in the extension's directory, included using a config variable.
Otherwise, extensions are split over two places, so there's not such an
easy way to just tarball them, and it's less clear from the SVN commit
paths that all work was just to the extension, it also provides more
flexibility if people want it.

If we were to write selenium tests, should we be using the "selenese"
HTML format or should we use the PHP/Python client libraries? (I'd
strongly prefer the latter given the deficiencies of selenese and the
recorder, shameless-plug: we rewrote both at http://go-test.it)

Conrad