On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're initially setting up Selenium for use by the usability
> initiative, with the idea of extending it to the rest of the software
> when we have time/resources for that. You're right that this should
> probably have been communicated earlier, but until a few weeks ago the
> status was "Ryan's patiently waiting for the Selenium servers to
> arrive and get set up".

Okay, but it seems like several employees (including you) already knew
this, and several volunteers (including me) did not.  This implies
that there's some communications channel that employees are reading,
but not volunteers.  Is it some public place that we just don't visit?
 If so, where?  Or do you have internal face-to-face meetings, private
mailing lists, something like that?  Assuming Wikimedia intends to
maintain a bazaar development model, it's quite important that
interested volunteers can be on the same page as employees.