2010/3/12 Aryeh Gregor <simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com>:
> I don't think this is a good idea for the same reason as a separate
> IRC chat.  Wikitech-l is low-traffic enough that it's reasonable to
> just use that, unless we're talking about an awful lot of GSOC
> discussion.

I agree, separating GSoC discussion from wikitech-l won't really
unclutter anything (wikitech-l is not that busy) but it'll cause
certain people to miss discussions they may have useful input on.

As to Jeroen's point of not knowing who's a GSoC student working on
which project and what their contact details are: just like last year
[1], an annoucement of the selected projects will be made on
wikitech-l. Also, we should list students, projects, mentors and
contact details on [[mw:Summer of Code 2010]].

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)