Yeah, I was just confused because I thought I said exactly the same thing.  :)

> - Mozilla, Chrome, or some other browser maker steps up with a plausible
> API. We should make the case to them. We see the Moz people regularly at
> the WMF and I know a few Chrome people, so maybe I can kick something off.

This is the right place to bring it up:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

I think the right API change would be to just allow slicing a Blob up
into other Blobs by byte range.  It should be simple to both spec and
implement.  But it might have been discussed before, so best to look
in the archives first.