Hi everyone,

As you probably know, we're trying to get into the habit of providing
a monthly overview of all WMF-sponsored engineering activity.  The
September update was posted to the techblog here:
http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2010/09/wmf-engineering/

For October, we'd like to draft this in public so as to get the
information out a little sooner, and to give you all the opportunity
to help out.  Here's where we're drafting this:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Engineering_Overview_October_2010

Here's a very simple way you can help.  If you see something on the
list that you're interested in, but don't see the status for yet, ping
one of us, then be bold and add what you learn to the appropriate wiki
page.  If you do know the status, by all means add it.

Another useful thing to do:  you'll notice that many of the project
pages that the status post links to are pretty sparse.  Same rules
apply there.  We'd love to get help keeping this up to date.

Thanks!
Rob