On 10/15/10 2:44 PM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> It's not a two-way street.  It would be most accurate to say that the
> decision lies in the hands of just a few people.

If the problem is truly being caused by a few people's choice of action,
then volunteers should be sympathetic to staff developers, and voice
their grievances to those "few people" who can do something about them.

In the mean time, I see you disagreeing with Roan that volunteers should
cut the staff developers, especially the newer members thereof, some
slack and assume good faith, which just doesn't connect. You should be
agreeing with him - we should all be looking for ways to be nicer and
more understanding of each other.

If volunteers continue attacking staff developers then those few people
will only hear about how the volunteers are being unfair, mean, and are
more trouble than they are worth...

Now - I don't want to accuse of you dissagreeing, I'm just stating that
I found your message to be conflicting. As Erik has said on list just
now - I think we all agree far more than we dissagree. And that's
something that should bring us all together, not tear us apart.

There is no crisis here, there's only a bunch of passionate people
working to make things better - and I personally am thankful that we all
care enough to talk about this. If the community was really dieing, this
thread would have been one post long.

- Trevor