On 30 December 2010 11:06, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> Tim Starling wrote:

>> OK, if you want a real answer: I think if you could convince admins to
>> be nicer to people, then that would make a bigger impact to
>> Wikipedia's long-term viability than any ease-of-editing feature.
>> Making editing easier will give you a one-off jump in editing
>> statistics, it won't address the trend.

> Given that there are about 770 active administrators[2] on the English
> Wikipedia and I think you could reasonably say that a good portion are not
> mean, is it really quite a few people who are having this far-reaching
> impact that you're suggesting exists? That seems unlikely.

There is some discussion of how the community and ArbCom enable
grossly antisocial behaviour on internal-l at present. Admin behaviour
is enforced by the ArbCom, and the AC member on internal-l has mostly
been evasive. It's not clear what approach would work at this stage;
it would probably have to get worse before the Foundation could
reasonably step in.

- d.